List your Job Opportunities and Classified Ads here
Email your ad info to email@example.com
Free for VNLA members ($25 for non-members)
LANDSCAPE INSTALLATION DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Shipp & Wilson)
- Organize logistics, scheduling, and coordinate with clients for landscape planting and hardscape jobs.
- Direct 2-3 crews for residential and commercial jobsites.
- Prepare materials for upcoming work.
- Accepting applications from experienced foremen looking to advance.
Prerequisites: job experience, organizational skills, customer communications ability.
Established, quality-oriented company.
Job Title: Maintenance Head Gardener
The Maintenance Head Gardener will assist the Maintenance Team Leader through landscape maintenance and plant installations.
The Maintenance Head Gardener will work with a successful and profitable department. During employment, they will gain valuable skills and experience in the plant industry while working in a team environment.
The position will start immediately. *Winter employment is dependent upon weather.
-Understanding of common landscape plant material including: annuals, perennials, trees, and shrubs
-Ability to work well with others in a team environment
-Ability to work 10 hr days and work outside in all weather conditions
-Strong attention to detail, organization and communication skills
-Ability to load and unload trucks and lift 50lbs
-Ability to drive large work trucks
- -Maintain an “A/B” status on assigned landscapes through close monitoring and understanding clients’ needs-Communicate with clients and team leader on a regular basis to determine specific needs and create weekly schedules
-Supervise and train gardening assistants by complying with VNLA standards and leading by example on the job site
-Maintain trucks and tools to ensure that all tools are present for each day of work and trucks are in proper working order
- -Complete daily administrative tasks through job sheets, “About-time” record-keeping program, and scheduling materials to be loaded for future work
- -Maintain efficiency by planning ahead, using a loading facilitator, and communicating frequently with the Maintenance Team Leader
- -Get and maintain certifications such as VNLA certification and registered technician pesticide applicators license. Maintain these certifications through continuing education opportunities
- -Maintain property logbook/calendar/to do list by staying organized and communicating frequently
- -Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in the plant industry
- -VNLA Certification or ability to obtain within 1 year of employment
- -Registered Technician pesticide applicator license
- -Education/Bachelor’s degree in horticulture or related field is preferred
- -Ability to work long hours in Spring and Fall seasons
- -Flexibility to work occasional weekends
Position Type: Full-time
Compensation commensurate with experience
- -Health and Dental insurance after waiting period
- -401(k) plan after waiting period
- -Free life insurance
- -Continuing education opportunities
- -On site training
- -Friendly working environment
Contact - Luke Puglia- Landscape Manager
Cell-434-906-9805 firstname.lastname@example.org 3/1/17
Parks, Recreation and Tourism | Newport News, VA
Parks, Recreation and Tourism | Parks and Recreation Administration
Open Until: February 21, 2017 at 12:00 AM EST
Rate of Pay: $20.20 - $35.99
Details: Anticipated Hiring Range: $20.20 - $25.00 Flexible schedule - may vary based on assignment (TBA).
Click here for online info and application (2/8/17)
Assistant Color Grower - Saunders Brothers
Job Description: Saunders Brothers is a wholesale nursery and orchard operation in central Virginia. Saunders Brothers is looking for an Assistant Color Grower. This position involves overseeing the Integrated Pest Management program for all color crops. In addition, it involves overseeing the incoming shipments of perennials and annuals and the tagging of those plants. Click here for complete job details. 12/20/16
Retail Plant Sales Associate - Grelen Nursery
Grelen Nursery is hiring a motivated individual with horticulture and sales experience to assist with nursery plant sales. Job requires understanding of botanical plant names, planting requirements for specific plant types and good interpersonal skills. Job requirements include:
• Assist with plant displays
• Greet The Market at Grelen and Nursery Clients
• Review Customer Needs and Planting Conditions
• Provide Clients with Plant Specifications and Planting Requirements
• Provide tours of Market and Nursery
• Schedule pickups/installations with Nursery Admin
Hours: Wed-Sat: 8-5 and Sun: 9-5
Wage: Base rate plus commission to be determined
The Market at Grelen
15091 Yager Rd.
Somerset, VA 22972
Please send resumes to email@example.com. No calls please.