Pollinator Stakeholder Listening Sessions
- Pollinators are a critical issue that our industry is dealing with at all levels of governance.
- The EPA has asked all states to develop a Pollinator Protection Plan to address the decline of pollinators in their jurisdiction.
- The Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (VDACS)is the primary agency responsible for developing the non-regulatory Plan in Virginia.
- VDACS is conducting stakeholder input meetings across the state in January and February. We need you to attend these meetings! (see list below)
- VNLA wants to ensure that the plan focuses on all pollinators, including wild bees and butterfly species, not just managed pollinators.
- AmericanHort's (formerly ANLA) Horticulture Research Institute (HRI) is funding $125,000 in research projects on 4 key pollinator issues
This an opportunity to have your voices heard directly on this issue and to give feedback regarding the specific parts of the Plan.
Please read the letter from VDACS asking for stakeholder input and we hope you all will attend a meeting to make your voices heard.
Please contact Brent Hunsinger at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions or concerns
- Feedback from Listening Sessions
Link to current bill in the Virginia General Assembly SB356 The Virginia Pollinator Protection Strategy as of 1/25/16
Owner, Brent's Native Plantings
Virginia Certified Horticulturist #2612
Virginia Nursery & Landscape Association Director & Legislative Volunteer
10715 Hamilton's Crossing Drive
Fredericksburg, VA 22408